Re: Fetching pop3

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: Fetching pop3
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:19:33 +0200

Ted Zlatanov a écrit profondement:

| >From there, you'll move on to figuring out if open-tls-stream or
| starttls-open-stream are the problem (my guess is that your problem is
| not with a plain connection).  If you don't care about SSL or TLS, you
| could just set pop3-stream-type to nil but your POP3 server may not
| allow that.

OK, thanks Ted.

And Stupid me.

I was only testing one Pop3Addy, hoping to get it running and then add
the numerous others that I poll.

I picked a bad one.

I added half a dozen others for a real test using the Manual exemplary
code, commented out the troublesome one, and everything works like a
charm.

So I'll add the rest of the servers I poll and run fetchmail on the bad
guy.

Funny though Fetchmail has no problems with the same coordinates,
etc. whereas Gnus Barfs, but I'm virtually sure the problem is with the
polled mail exchanger.

Luckily the bad addy is a FreeNet and I'm currently scripting up a
MailMan install for them and I know the guy to talk to so hopefully I
can get the problem sorted.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

--
Slackrat