Re: prefer application on Gnome Desktop

From: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: prefer application on Gnome Desktop
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:55:04 -0400

I haven't compared to what has been mentioned in this thread, but some
time ago I found mozmail.el which handles this nicely.  The script I use
has just one line:

#!/bin/bash
# Only arg should be a mailto url, which can encode to, subject,
# cc, bcc and body.
emacsclient --eval "(mozmail \"$1\")"

I also added

  network.protocol-handler.app.mailto mozmail

to about:config in firefox, so that clicking on mailto links works from
there.

I've attached the copy of mozmail.el I have below.  Maybe this will
supply some ideas.

Dan