rss feed stuck - keeps downloading same articles

From: Paul Mead
Subject: rss feed stuck - keeps downloading same articles
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 12:07:07 +0100

Can anyone help? I have a feed which keeps downloading the same articles
- it's only just started happening. I keep marking them as read and the
.newsrc.eld file is updated but every time I get new articles the same
ones come back as unread.

The section from .newsrc.eld which updates is:

("nnrss:Guardian - Comment is free" 3 ((1 . 748)) ((seen (1 . 601) (632. 784)
(830 . 870)))

The second number updates each time I save in Gnus. Does anyone know
whether this looks ok, or can anyone explain what each of this number
represents?

Thanks, Paul