Re: read as newsgroup, but post by email: how?

From: Hugh Lawson
Subject: Re: read as newsgroup, but post by email: how?
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:21:36 -0400

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:57:32 -0400, Hugh wrote:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>>> (Or you can just use gmane, that may be even easier :-))
>
>> I take this to mean I subscribe to the linux.debian.user group as
>> gmane.linux.debian.user.
>
> I mean that you can read the mailinglist by accessing the news.gmane.org
> nntp-server asking for the group gmane.linux.debian.user, yes.
>
> More info: http://gmane.org/

Hello Adam,

Thanks, I needed that. ;-)  Somehow I overlooked the part about
getting the group from gmane's news server.

I decided to use the method which you gave me earlier.

Quoting from Adam:

You can set group parameters like this (using G p on the group):

  ((to-address . "list-address@example.com")
   (to-list . "list-address@example.com")
   (subscribed . t))

I haven't yet actually posted with this, but I can see from headers in
an abandoned trial post that it probably will work.

Best wishes,

Hugh