Attachments appearing as part of main email message

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Attachments appearing as part of main email message
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:27:33 -0400

When I receive email in Gnus (v5.10.0, Emacs 22.3.1, under Windows XP)
that has .doc files & the like attached, they are reported at the end
of the text, and I can save them via _n_ K o.  If a .tex file is
attached, however, it is run into the text, and there is no way to
tell what its filename was for the sender.  Is there a way to defeat
this feature?
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Prose:  Earth is turning us into its shadow.  :||
||:  Poetry:  The sun is setting.                  :||