Problem connecting to Gmail in Gnus

From: V
Subject: Problem connecting to Gmail in Gnus
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I 'm fairly new to Gnus, though I 've been using Emacs for a couple
months now on Win XP. I 'm trying to see if I can use Gnus with Gmail.
I followed the instructions on:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail

However, when I load up Gnus, I get an error immediately:

imap: Opening SSL connection with `nil'...failed

The entire error log is:
imap: Connecting to imap.gmail.com...
imap: Opening SSL connection with `openssl s_client -quiet -ssl3 -
connect %s:%p'...
imap: Opening SSL connection with `openssl s_client -quiet -ssl2 -
connect %s:%p'...
imap: Opening SSL connection with `s_client -quiet -ssl3 -connect %s:
%p'...
imap: Opening SSL connection with `s_client -quiet -ssl2 -connect %s:
%p'...
imap: Opening SSL connection with `nil'...failed
imap: Connecting to imap.gmail.com...failed
Unable to open nnimap:gmail, go offline? (y or n)
nnimap (gmail) open error: 'nil'.  Continue? (y or n)

To make things simple, I included only one line in my .gnus:
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address
"imap.gmail.com") (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-stream ssl)))

I installed Gnutls for Windows, and it sits in C:\Program Files
\GnuTLS-2.7.3. I dont understand how Emacs would know where to look
for it. Also, I searched for ssl.el and could not find it. Could these
be potential issues?

Any comments are appreciated.

Varnit