nnir / imap: Invalid date

From: Felix Geller
Subject: nnir / imap: Invalid date
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:58:37 +0200

Hi Gnus'er!

  I'm trying to setup nnir with IMAP on my Gmail account. The search
appears to work for smaller/younger sets of messages, but as soon as I
attempt to retrieve messages which were sent before a certain time, the
result summary isn't displayed. I'm not sure what the exact time is nor
do i know how to find out currently, without trying all possibilities.

The following is the minibuffer message I get after performing a sample
search ("G G" on the "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" group) :

How many articles from nnir:((query . "felix") (unique-id
. "87myar8m8p.fsf")) (default 6271)

Again, selecting a small number (e.g. 10) works fine, but 100 or even
using the deault will fail. The following is an excerpt of the relevant
output which I get in the *Messages* buffer:

Opening nnir server on -ephemeral...done
Opening server gmail
Searching [Gmail]/Sent Mail...done
Retrieving newsgroup: nnir:((query . "felix") (unique-id
. "87ljqb8m7c.fsf"))...
Fetching headers for nnir:((query . "felix") (unique-id
. "87ljqb8m7c.fsf"))...done
Generating summary...
date-to-time: Invalid date:

Any ideas as to how I could figure out what dates are invalid and also
how to "fix" this? Here's the first part of `version': "GNU Emacs
23.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6001)" and `gnus-version': "Gnus v5.13".

Cheers,
Felix