Re: GNUS and imap

From: Kamil Jońca
Subject: Re: GNUS and imap
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:17:07 +0100

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:
>
>> Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@onet.eu> writes:

>>> <file src="~/bin/imap">
>>
>> [...snip...]
>> I think that is something wrong rather with gnus, because folders are
>> visible with thunderbird and Mutt, and only gnus can't see
>> them. (Browse server can't see them also) :(
>>
>> KJ
>
> What IMAP server? Works fine here with dovecot.

Dovecot.
1. I can add groups maunally with  G m in *Group buffer*
2. I can't list folders others than INBOX  (witn e.g. browse server) and
for example Thunderbird can.
3. my dovecot configuration (mostly default except mail_location)
====================
protocols = imap imaps
listen = localhost
log_path =  /var/log/dovecot
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
login_processes_count = 1
mail_location = maildir:~/Mail:LAYOUT=FS:INBOX=~/Mail:INDEX=~/.mail/dovecot
mail_privileged_group = mail
mail_debug = yes
mail_log_prefix = "%Us(%u): "
protocol imap {
}

protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}
protocol managesieve {
  sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_storage=~/sieve
}
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb pam {
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
  user = root
}
dict {
}
plugin {
}

--
KJ
The world is coming to an end.  Please log off.