Re: Getting a handle on gnus

From: Rémi Letot
Subject: Re: Getting a handle on gnus
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:06:52 +0100

Les Harris <me@lesharris.com> writes:

[...]

> 2) What is the difference between 'g' (Check for new news) and 'alt-g'
> (Fetch new articles). 'alt-g' does what I want, can't seem to figure out
> what 'g' is doing. A corrollary: How can I fetch new articles on gnus
> startup?

In the group buffer :

g will check for new articles in every subscribed group
alt-g will do so only for the current group or topic

To see the description of a key : alt-x describe-key
This has to be used in the context in which you want the explanation
since keys have different meanings in different contexts.

Normally gnus will check for new articles in all subscribed groups on
startup (at least it does for me, without extra configuration)

HTH,
--
Rémi