Re: Face and X-Face display in terminal emacs frames

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Face and X-Face display in terminal emacs frames
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:24:48 +0100

Hi Reiner,

>> when I use gnus in an emacs frame running in a terminal emulator Face
>> and X-Face images are displayed via imagemagick's `display' program.
>> This is quite annoying, cause its window steals the input focus from
>> the emacs frame/terminal.
>>
>> I'd prefer if no images were shown in that case.  How do I get that?
>
> Erase your customization for `gnus-treat-display-x-face'.

That works, but how?  I've customized it to be 'head and got that
annoying behavior.  Without customization it's 'head anyway, although,
but now the images are only displayed in X11 frames.  What's the black
magic involved here?  Is there something like "if variable was set
explicitly do this, else do that"?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
      "DRM manages rights in the same way a jail manages freedom"