gnus and pine

From: harven
Subject: gnus and pine
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:44:17 +0100

Dear all,

I recently switched from Pine to Gnus as a mail reader.
I wrote a quick tutorial on the emacs wiki to make Gnus behave
a little more like Pine :
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/GnusAndPine
Any comments are welcome.

BTW there is still a feature present in many mailers that
I was not able to recreate with Gnus. When both the Summary
and Article buffers are displayed, is it possible to update
the Summary buffer when new mail is received, without
modifying the content of the Article Buffer ?