Re: Best way to see html stuff

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: Best way to see html stuff
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:12:14 +0100

Tassilo> Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> writes: Hi Torben,

>> Quit often I get mails where I don't see stuff included in html (I
>> guess).  What is the best settings and ways to see what people
>> using e.g. outlook includes in there mail?

Tassilo> I use these settings for rendering html mail:

Tassilo> --8<---------------cut
Tassilo> here---------------start------------->8--- ;; Use emacs-w3m
Tassilo> to render html mails and display images (setq
Tassilo> mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m mm-inline-text-html-with-images t
Tassilo> mm-inline-large-images t)

Tassilo> ;; Show plain text part by default, but provide buttons for
Tassilo> the ;; html part (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives
Tassilo> '("text/html" "text/richtext" "text/enriched")
Tassilo> gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/signed"
Tassilo> "multipart/alternative")) --8<---------------cut
Tassilo> here---------------end--------------->8---

Tassilo> Of course, you need w3m and emacs-w3m to use it.

Do you have a suggestion that works with firefox?

Another question if I may.  I am normally happy with the above
inclusion of the the original mail.  However, for example in this
case the filling makes the original part with code unreadable.  How
do you include the original without filling or wrapping lines?  I
couldn't find it in the info pages.

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Direct  : 6 8694