Re: GroupLens?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GroupLens?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:40:21 -0500

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:58:28 +0200 giglio robbo' d'acciaio <dgiglio@iol.it>
wrote:

grd> Is GroupLens still active? I've visited their website and didn't find much
grd> informations about the project? Moreover the link reported in Gnus manual
grd> seems to be broken.

AFAIK it's dead and the support can be removed from Gnus, but no one has
bothered to do it.  I wonder if it can be reverse-engineered so we can
have a GroupLens-compatible server run by the community?

grd> In this case could anybody be so kind to suggest me another collaborative
grd> filtering project?

I'm not aware of anything, unless you consider the many distributed
anti-spam efforts.

Ted