Re: How many articles to fetch from a group

From: harven
Subject: Re: How many articles to fetch from a group
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:45:52 +0200

Andreas Davour <anteRUN@updateLIKE.uu.HELLse> writes:

> Once again I've failed to find what I need in the manual. I use gnus for
> mail, and even when I've forcefully marked mail for expiration they seem
> to linger, since every time I enter a group gnus asks me "How many
> articles from nnfolder:INBOX" and I'm getting annoyed at that showing up
> all the time, and the number of articles i.e. the "default <foo>" is
> only getting larger all the time.

Hi,
you can put in your initfile (setq gnus-large-newsgroup 1000)
You will then be prompted when entering a group only if it contains
more than a thousand message. You may also try (setq nnmail-expiry-wait 1)
By default, expired messages are only deleted after one week; this will
shorten that duration to one day. Finally there is the function
gnus-summary-expire-articles which deletes all articles that are marked
as expirable in the current group.

Hope that helps