Re: Gnus silently fails to send imap messages when smtp blocked

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: Gnus silently fails to send imap messages when smtp blocked
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:28:39 -0700

> On Fri, Sep 26 2008, Ross Laird wrote:
>>  Is it possible to have gnus give a similar warning, so that if I
>> happen to be somewhere where sending is blocked I will get a message
>> about that?
>
> I'd have suggested to set `message-interactive' to t, but it's default
> is already t:

Well, it looks like I may be stuck with this. But it leads me to my next
question: can I run gnus remotely from a local machine? Tramp can do
this with a few packages, and I'd like to do it with Gnus. The procedure
would look like this (ideally):

Since smtp is blocked on the local machine, I ssh into my remote server.
I run emacs and gnus from there, but (like emacsclient or tramp) I see
the application and run it on my local machine. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD