Emacs Bundling and Gnus Compatibility

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Emacs Bundling and Gnus Compatibility
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've just upgraded my emacs to 22.3 and "C-h v gnus-version" tells me
that it uses "Gnus v5.11". It doesn't take so long to learn that
neither "/ b", nor "/ R" works anymore despite both documented[1] in
the gnus manual. Why are those commands not brought with the most
recent emacs version? What are their new equivalents? How does emacs
bundle gnus that it contradicts with the official gnus documentation.
Which documentation should I look at for gnus bundled with emacs?

Regards.

[1] http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_83.html