Re: Changing quoting headers?

From: Hermann
Subject: Re: Changing quoting headers?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:19:16 +0200

Dmitry Dzhus <dima@sphinx.net.ru> writes:

> Hermann writes:
>
>> When I reply to a message, the quoting starts with:
>> [full name] <mailaddress> writes:
>> How can I change this, so that it looks like this:
>> On [dd,mm,yy] [full name) <mailaddress> wrote:
>> Note: I want to use the German style of date, see my example.
>
> Change `message-citation-line-function` variable to
> `message-insert-formatted-citation-line`, adjust
> `message-citation-line-format` variable to meet your needs. This is
> described in «3.6 Insertion Variables» of message package manual.

I changed my .gnus file following your instructions. As you see in the
quoting header, I wasn't successful.
The message package manual is not very enlightening in this case.
I insert the  lines from my .gnus:

(setq message-insert-formatted-citation-line
   '(message-citation-line-format
       "on %d. %m. %Y at %X %n <%a> wrote:"))

"%n" should mean "name" and "<%a>" should mean "mail address". I took
this from the syntax used by Mutt. I guess it is different in Gnus?
Hermann