Changing quoting headers?

From: Hermann
Subject: Changing quoting headers?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:21:08 +0200

Hi,
When I reply to a message, the quoting starts with:
[full name] <mailaddress> writes:
How can I change this, so that it looks like this:
On [dd,mm,yy] [full name) <mailaddress> wrote:
Note: I want to use the German style of date, see my example.
I couldn't find something in the manual that clarifies this.
And, in addition: What to write if I prefer the discordian instead of
the gregorian calendar?
Any tips and hints?
Hermann