Re: Ubuntu/Emacs22/Gnus

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Re: Ubuntu/Emacs22/Gnus
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:33:09 -0400

  ps> FWIW, I used the Gnus version bundled with the ubuntu emacs22
  ps> package with no problems, and am currently using the ubuntu
  ps> emacs-snapshot package, which also contains gnus, again with no
  ps> problems.

Hmmm ... I wonder why I couldn't get it to work?  Maybe I had some
"legacy" config options in ".emacs" and ".gnus.el" that messed things up.

  ps> As dak pointed out there seems to be no need now to install a
  ps> stand alone gnus, ...

OK, but I don't think I'll change my setup now ("if it's not broken, ...").

Assuming I remember ;-), I'll try using the Ubuntu-distributed version
next time.

  ps> ... the tramp package I think also falls into this category.

Yes, I noticed that it was now included ...

Thanks for your comments,

  -Kenneth