Re: Old Problem: Pop3/ssl/gmail solved?

From: Robert Epprecht
Subject: Re: Old Problem: Pop3/ssl/gmail solved?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:53:50 +0200

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> I tried every single example configuration for gmail/pop I could find
> on the net. Nothing worked.

> P.S.: No, I do not want imap. ;)

Well it is not imap, but another solution you might not want:
You can always use fetchmail to fetch your mail from google, and then
read it with gnus. Of course you have to activate pop through googles
web interface first.

I use the following .fetchmailrc
(set your values for USERNAME XYZ LOCAL-LOGIN-NAME)

poll pop.googlemail.com with protocol pop3 port 995
user USERNAME pass XYZ is LOCAL-LOGIN-NAME here
options ssl keep

Robert Epprecht