Re: Question about gnus behavior

From: Peter Jones
Subject: Re: Question about gnus behavior
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:42:58 -0600

Bob Fry <bobfry@mailinator.com> writes:
> I was visiting the rec.aviation.homebuilt newsgroup and killed a
> thread with subject "Falcon Gauges". That was the end of unread
> messages in the group so I exited.  Then I decided, oh, I did want to
> read that thread; so revisited the group.  Since there were no unread
> messages I typed 100 for the number of messages to retrieve.  But that
> particular thread did not appear.  Why?  I cannot figure out how to
> see it again in gnus.

I'm a Gnus newb (less than two weeks), but I've been in the manual a
lot lately and thought I might be able to help.

IIRC, when you enter a group, there is an implicit limit so that the
summary buffer only shows you unread articles.  You can try popping
the limit "/w" and also adding old articles to the limit "/o".

--
Peter Jones
http://pmade.com