Re: unknown charset, gbk

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: unknown charset, gbk
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:55:43 +0900

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Is there any better solution? The above leaves lots of holes.
> $ iconv -cf gb2312 message|iconv -t gb2312|wc -c message -|sed 2q
>     808 message
>     734 -
> $ iconv -f gbk message|head ...

[...]

This can display correctly here, encoded as chinese-big5-1 or
chinese-big5-2(Not sure about their differences).  The reason is that
the text you sent contains lots of traditional chinese characters,
gb2312 mostly only deals with simplified chinese characters.  You can
add something like the following(settings on my Mac OS X) to your font
encode family list:

,----
`----

--