Re: Sending...failed with exit value 65

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Sending...failed with exit value 65
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:24:24 +0530

Cezar Halmagean <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:

> Hi list,
>
>   I've recently set up msmtp and it looks like it's working properly
>   except for some cases (I don't really know which yet) I can
>   successfully send mail to myself but I sometimes get this error
>
>   message-send-mail-with-sendmail: Sending...failed with exit value 65
>
>   when replying to mail from other people.

[...]
The error code can be checked in the log file or here

http://freebsd-man.page2go2.com/man3/sysexits_3.html

and for your case

 EX_DATAERR (65)           The input data was incorrect in some way.  This
                           should only be used for user's data and not system
                           files.

hmm...that doesn't seem to be too helpful.

try to send the same mail from the command line like this

create a file testmail.txt with a simple email body.
Subject: Test

test email
 From the command line, issue this
msmtp --file=./msmtprc.txt < ./testmail.txt someone@someplace.com