Re: Topics : total unread

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Topics : total unread
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:56:08 +0100

Hi,

>> ; New Gnus-function: mark gcc'ed as read - coool!:
>  (setq gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t)

Following your advice (on this newsgroup, a couple of weeks
ago), I did give a try to this, but stopped after it appeared
really slooow to update the marks.

At least, it really takes ages for the mark updates in the
groups containing a lot of mail. In particular, I'm talking of
my main mailbox which contains 17.000 mails or so.

Using the above, I had to wait for around one minute to get back
to the summary buffer...

I'm thus back to the old way: manually marking every sent item
as read.

Sebastien

--
Sébastien Vauban