Re: Highlight words in the subject line?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Highlight words in the subject line?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:00:43 -0600

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:53:41 +0000 Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

B> In the meanwhile, how can I access the group parameters from the
B> prepared summary, and use the value of highlight-words instead of a
B> default regexp?

(Gnus hacking digression)
Well, with `G p' you can set any parameter AFAIK and then you can do , but to
get the full
effect you can do (see gnus.el for examples)

(gnus-define-group-parameter
 highlight-words
 :function-document
 "...."
 :variable-document
 "...."
 :variable-group gnus-group-parameter
 :parameter-type 'string
 :parameter-document "\
...")

That will automatically give you the function call
(gnus-parameter-highlight-words group-name)
(end of digression)

The good news is, there's already a "Highlight words" group/topic
parameter in gnus-cus.el :)

It's not defined as I show above, so you need to look at
gnus-group-highlight-words-alist and gnus-emphasis-alist to get it
working:

    (highlight-words
     (choice :tag "Highlight words"
             :value nil
             (repeat (list (regexp :tag "Highlight regexp")
                           (number :tag "Group for entire word" 0)
                           (number :tag "Group for displayed part" 0)
                           (symbol :tag "Face"
                                   gnus-emphasis-highlight-words))))
     "highlight regexps.
See `gnus-emphasis-alist'.")