Re: Cursoring in an article : want to add a hook.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Cursoring in an article : want to add a hook.
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:51:20 +0100

Hi Richard,

I've released 6.0, which should satisfy all your needs. :)

> And there's a new command
>
>   rdictcc-refresh-translation
>
> which updates the translation buffer if the current word under point
> has changed (without selecting it).  So you'll want to use that in the
> w3m hook and the gnus article bindings.

No need to do that yourself anymore, because...

> When I find some time I'll investigate if it's feasible to remap all
> movement commands to your wrapper functions buffer-locally and produce
> a minor mode out of it.

... I've done just that.  There's a new minor mode

  rdictcc-permanent-translation-mode

which remaps most point movement commands to wrapper functions that
first move point and then update the translation buffer.  So you'd
simply switch it on with `M-x rdictcc-permanent-translation-mode' or add
it to hooks like this:

  (add-hook 'gnus-article-mode-hook 'rdictcc-permanent-translation-mode)
  (add-hook 'w3m-mode-hook 'rdictcc-permanent-translation-mode)

>> You might consider some options for the format of the output. e,g
>> "Gutentag: hello, goodday, etc,etc2" on one line rather than the
>> multiline output.
>
> Yes, that might be a good idea.  I'll implement it and release a new
> version.

Done.  Now the option -c to rdictcc.rb uses a more compact output
format.  You can set that option for the emacs interface by customizing
`rdictcc-program-args'.

Have fun,
Tassilo
--
      "DRM manages rights in the same way a jail manages freedom"