Re: changing accounts while composing a message

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: changing accounts while composing a message
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:34:42 +0100

cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:

Hi!

>   I am using Gnus to handle multiple accounts so I would like to be
>   able, to switch accounts easily while in the middle of writing a
>   message cause it happens a lot that I type my message and realise
>   the the From: line and signature are wrong, so I need to go and edit
>   them manually. Is there a easier/quicker way to switch accounts ?

There are several possibilities.  The one that ships with gnus are
posting styles.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Posting Styles") ]
|    So what if you want a different `Organization' and signature based
| on what groups you post to?  And you post both from your home machine
| and your work machine, and you want different `From' lines, and so on?
|
|    One way to do stuff like that is to write clever hooks that change
| the variables you need to have changed.  That's a bit boring, so
| somebody came up with the bright idea of letting the user specify these
| things in a handy alist.
`----

For other possibilities have a look at section "Alternate Personalities"
on

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en?CategoryGnus

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman never showers: he runs 'make clean'.