Re: Gmail IMAP and moving articles to trash [solved]

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Gmail IMAP and moving articles to trash [solved]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:34:47 -0600

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:21:15 -0600 Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz@comcast.net>
wrote:

MS> One of the things that you need to be aware of with Google and IMAP is
MS> that all of the actual "physical" e-mails are stored in the "All Mail"
MS> folder.

MS> Everything else is a 'tag', or essentially a virtual folder. Even the
MS> Trash folder is a tag.

Interesting.  So expunging does nothing?  And there's one tag per
message?  I don't know if this is against the IMAP RFCs, but I would
guess it's unorthodox compared to the other IMAP implementations out
there.

GMail is a big player, so people who use its IMAP service should
probably contribute a working setup to the Gnus manual.

Ted