Re: prob. bugs in emacs under ubuntu

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: prob. bugs in emacs under ubuntu
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:47:05 +0100

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:27:49 -0800 (PST), yjgzhang@gmail.com wrote:

> I encountered the same problems here with emacs under ubuntu. I used
> to use emacs under Fedora and Mandriva. The emacs under those two
> linux distributions has no problem at all. But when i transfered to
> ubuntu, I have the same problems, i.e., the selected region using
> keyboard can not be highlighted. E.g, when you using \C+space mark a
> begining of a region, and then using the left or right arrows to move
> the cursor, nothing happened (it supposed to extend the region from
> the position where \C + space marked). However, when I reach the end
> of the region, and using alt+w to cut it, it still works. This problem
> is very annoying when you using the keyboard for editing in Emacs,
> because you can not see the selected region, they are in darks.

> I also try to emacs -q to ignore my profile, the same thing happened.
> Does anyone can tell me how to solve this problem?

This has nothing to do with Gnus. Please ask in a relevant newsgroup,
such as - perhaps - gnu.emacs.help.

(Did you turn "Active Regions" off by any chance? Your description
sounds like that is your problem (I always turn the off because I do
*not* want the annoying colouring of regions)).

  Best regards,

--
 "Gravity is arbitrary!"                                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk