Re: learning gnus

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: learning gnus
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:38:44 +0100

David Rod <angel_ov_north@tiscali.co.uk> writes:

Hi David,

> The info manual is a bit complicated for my user level.  i would like
> to find something really useful to help me learn how to use gnus
> quickly and efficiently without wasting too much time about all the
> stuff which is under the bonnet.

I don't think there's another document that describes Gnus as
comprehensively as the manual.

> I want to learn about things like being able to instantly see replies
> to my postings without having to look for those.

What do you mean with instantly seeing them?  You can make them more
eye-catching with scoring.  In my ~/.gnus.el I have

  (add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-article)
  (add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-thread)

which scores up followups to my postings.  Articles with higher score
are displayed with another face and you can sort the summary buffer by
score.

HTH,
Tassilo
--
Windows: So easy to admin, even a worm can do it.