Re: gnus-parameters

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus-parameters
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:10:41 +0100

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:40:50 -0600, reader@newsguy.com wrote:

[...]

> Now I happily let spamassassin do the chore... but I doubt it uses
> that method.

Why not just look at the SpamAssassin code? It is Free after all, right?

Looking at the 20_body_tests.cf rule-file:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/20_body_tests.cf?view=markup

reveals a method called check_for_faraway_charset() in the module
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::MIMEEval:

http://search.cpan.org/src/JMASON/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/MIMEEval.pm

Reading that code reveals that your system locale is considered, for
instance.

You can do similar "detective work" for the other rules that involve
FARAWAY (20_head_tests.cf --> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::HeaderEval
check_for_faraway_charset_in_headers) - then you needn't speculate nor
guess :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I myself have spent many an enjoyable hour in my            Adam Sjøgren
  spare time not collecting stamps."                     asjo@koldfront.dk