Re: Gnus header re-scan

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: Gnus header re-scan
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:10:40 -0800

Thanks for the response;

> Is the IMAP server agentized?

Yes.
But still, large mail directories take 5 to 10 minutes at least.

> Another solution that might be even faster for large amounts of mail may
> be a local imap proxy (i.e. OfflineIMAP [1]).

Actually I have tried this method, but offlineimap has, on a couple of
occasions, done weird things to my mail directories (such as duplicating
about 4,000 emails on the server).

So, I suppose I'm stuck with waiting. I would use mairix as another
alternative, but I understand there's been issues between mairix and
gnus.

Thanks again.

Ross

--