Re: msmtp and multiple smtp servers

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: msmtp and multiple smtp servers
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 22:07:32 +0530

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

[...]

> I tried the solution here:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMSMTP
>
> What happens is that gmail smtp servers replaces my "from" email with
> the one matching the first authinfo entry for "smtp.gamil.com".So When I
> send an email using one of a couple of posting styles the recipient sees
> the "id1@gmail" as the from instead of "id2@gmail" despite the fact that
> msmtp had the from correctly set as id2@gmail in the .msmtprc file.
>
> It is all quite confusing.
>
> Any help appreciated.

ummm...I wrote the first half of the page, so if you explain what's
the issue, I could revise the page for the better.  Maybe your Emacs
config for gnus and msmtprc without the identifying info could be a
good start.

Before sending the email, try checking the variable
message-sendmail-extra-arguments to see whether it points to the
correct alias of msmtprc profiles.

 sivaram