Emacs splash screen when starting gnus

From: andrew
Subject: Emacs splash screen when starting gnus
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 08:45:17 +1100

Hi,

 I start gnus with the following alias in ~./bashrc:

alias gnus='emacs -f gnus'

but when I type 'gnus'in a Terminal window  I initially get the gnus
startup screen but then followed by the generic emacs startup screen.
Selecting this window manually with mouse rids me of this screen and
returne me to the gnus window.

Is there a way around this?

           Andrew
--
Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which