Re: Changing gnus-user-agent and showing all headers?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Changing gnus-user-agent and showing all headers?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:58:13 +0100

On 04 Nov 2007 08:37:19 +1100, andrew wrote:

> 1. I am trying to modify the gnus-user-agent setting to
>    emacs-gnus-config with the following syntax:

> (setq gnus-user-agent 'emacs-gnus-type)

gnus-user-agent is set to (emacs gnus type) in my emacs (I guess that is
the default, I don't remember changing it).

Perhaps writing something like this works:

 (setq gnus-user-agent '(emacs gnus type))

?

> but this does not work so my syntax is wrong?

I think so, cf. the documentation of gnus-user-agent:

,----[ C-h v gnus-user-agent RET ]
| `gnus-user-agent' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus"
|
| Value: (emacs gnus type)
|
| Documentation:
| Which information should be exposed in the User-Agent header.
|
| Can be a list of symbols or a string.  Valid symbols are `gnus'
| (show Gnus version) and `emacs' (show Emacs version).  In
| addition to the Emacs version, you can add `codename' (show
| (S)XEmacs codename) or either `config' (show system
| configuration) or `type' (show system type).  If you set it to
| a string, be sure to use a valid format, see RFC 2616.
`----

(Note, I am using No Gnus, I haven't checked if this is the same in
older Gnusae).

> 2. In slrn I am used to toggling an 'all-header' display with the 't'
>    key. Can this be done with gnus?

I usually use 't' to do this in Gnus.

Also may also like C-u g which displays the raw article/email without
any formatting.

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk