Re: Unticking

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Unticking
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:11:23 -0400

Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@smolny.plus.com> writes:

> AFAIK the only way to untick an article in the Summary buffer is via
> 'clear-mark-*', which leaves an article marked 'unread' as well as no
> longer 'ticked', so I've cobbled together this function to untick an
> article in the Summary buffer but leave the article marked 'read':

*tries playing around with it a little*

Using default keybindings, '!' will tick an article, 'd' will mark an
article as read (and unticked), and 'M SPC' will mark an article as
unread (and unticked).  'd' is bound to
`gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward', and seems to do what you want.

I'm using slightly outdated CVS Gnus, but it's worked this way as long
as I can remember.

  --dzm