Re: gnus does not decode http address correctly

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: gnus does not decode http address correctly
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:39:47 +0200

On Tue, Oct 09 2007, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I  received an email containing an http address, according to gnus is
> was "decoded" as
> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid%2c67731/description.html?tk=nl_ddxdwn
> but this is not correct,
> using thunderbird, in the same message the url was displayed as
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,67731/description.html?tk=nl_ddxdwn
>
> which is correct.

I assume you are talking about a text/plain part?  Gnus is not a HTML
renderer.  There's no reason to convert "%2c" to "," when displaying
text/plain.  I tend to think that rendering text/plain is a bug in
Thunderbird.

> is there any way to change this misbehaviour?

I think the bug is on pcworld.com, but I might be wrong.

theotp1:~/public_html/tmp$ cat fid,67731
Komma
theotp1:~/public_html/tmp$ cat fid%2c67731
%2c

<http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/tmp/fid,67731>
--> Komma

<http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/tmp/fid%2c67731>