Re: What's NOV? Should gnus-nov-is-evil be set to t?

From: Hallvard B Furuseth
Subject: Re: What's NOV? Should gnus-nov-is-evil be set to t?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:36:45 +0200

Allan Gottlieb writes:
> Here, however, is a slightly edited version of the first part
> that may be slightly more clear.
>
> `gnus-nov-is-evil'
>      This one must _always_ be `nil' (which is the default).

I assume that should be "This variable is obsolete, it should
always be nil (which is the default)."  Otherwise, what's the
point of a variable which should never be changed?

Might also be an idea to insert code which gives a warning if it
is non-nil.  The warning could display the doc string you gave:

--
Hallvard