gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs

From: weber
Subject: gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:24:55 -0000

Folks, i'm trying to setup cygwin to get my mail.
I was having some problems with windows so decided to try the cygwin
version.
The .el files are common for both, and the version is very near
(22.0.95.1 on windows and 22.1.1 on cygwin).

So with the same configuration that wouldn't connect on windows,
cygwin just worked!
Does anyone have a hint on what can be happening?
I'm using pop3.el, ssl.el and nnml backend (like Bill Clementson here:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/)

Many thanks,
weber