Re: Ubuntu reinstall + leafnode + gnus.

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Re: Ubuntu reinstall + leafnode + gnus.
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:19:48 +0530

At 2007-08-05T00:02:10+02:00, Hadron wrote:

> I recently had to reinstall because of a barfed upgrade to Ubuntu Gutsy
> (beta). Silly me. I attempted this because of broken Dbus & HAL issues
> which, unfortunately, seem to by plaguing many people at the moment.
>
> I am using Gnus with leafnode.
>
> Has anyone here experience with this? I kept my /home partition and my
> /var but now no new posts are appearing so I can only put this down to
> post IDs and either/or gnus or leafnode thinking they are further ahead
> than the feed from news.individual.net. How do I reset either Gnus (or
> slightly OT but hopefully someone here knows, leafnode) so that new
> posts are picked up?
>
> Email reply is appreciated since I'm not getting any new posts :-;

It may help to resubscribe to the groups you want by visiting the
server buffer (`^' from the group buffer), browsing the NNTP server
(`SPACE' on the `nntp' line in the server buffer), and then
subscribing to the required groups (`u').

HTH,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | http://www.retrotexts.net/