Re: Recursive scoring or articles

From: Sebastian Krause
Subject: Re: Recursive scoring or articles
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:15:06 +0200

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29 2007, Sebastian Krause wrote:
>> I'm wondering if it's possible to apply a score of an article to all
>> of its follow-ups. In detail I would like to kill a whole subthread
>> that follows an article I've killed with some negative score.
>
> Is something like `L r S' what you have in mind?
> Cf. (info "(gnus)Summary Score Commands")

But this requires manual interaction and when the article is already
killed (and so vanished from the summary buffer) I don't what to
find it manually so run this command to kill its follow-ups. It
should happen automatically.

An example thread:

1. [ interesting post ]
2.    [ troll A answers ]
3.       [ posting feeding the troll ]
4.       [ more food ]
5.           [ another troll ]
6.    [ good answer ]
7.    [ another good answer ]

Now let's assumene I've already killed troll A in my score
file. Since the troll-feeding posts will just be as annoying, lines
3-5 should be *automatically* killed together with line 2. So I
would see this result in the summary buffer without any manual
interaction:

1. [ interesting post ]
2.    [ good answer ]
3.    [ another good answer ]