Re: How to get the SERVER related to current line in *Group* view?

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: How to get the SERVER related to current line in *Group* view?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:43:42 -0400

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a NNTP server, which is not so stable, and I need to close/reopen
> it frequently. Now each time I need to use ^ to enter server view and
> C/O keys, which is very inconvenient.
>
> I intend to rebind the C/O keys in *Group* view, but I don't know how to get
> the SERVER related to a line in *Group* view. Any idea?

(gnus-group-group-name) will return the (full?) name of the group on the
current line; you can then call `gnus-group-server' on that.  So you're
looking for something like

(defun (bounce-server)
  (interactive)
  (let ((server (gnus-group-server (gnus-group-group-name))))
    (progn
     (gnus-server-close-server server)
     (gnus-server-open-server server))))

  --dzm