Re: getting rss content

From: Sivaram N
Subject: Re: getting rss content
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:55:06 +0530

Bar Shirtcliff <gnus.20.foo-bar@spamgourmet.com> writes:

> `Hi again,

[...]

> Anyway, thanks for the code, I'll put it right to work...  but there's
> one more major problem.  Though I've put an rss address on my
> secondry-select-methods list, gnus doesn't load it.  Every time it
> starts, it asks me where to look for the feeds.  There must be a
> workaround for this.  The keybindings--that I can fix.
>
> Cheers,
> Bar

What happens when you do 'G R' in the group buffer, enter the url?
Then quit gnus and restart it; Do you still see the RSS subscribed
group.

I did the same with http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?action=rss
and everytime I log on to Gnus, it gets the latest links.  I didn't
have to add anything to the .gnus file.

 sivaram