Re: nnimap sent mail

From: Dick Hoogendijk
Subject: Re: nnimap sent mail
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:20:28 +0200

mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Andrew Aylett <usenet@aylett.co.uk> writes:
> (snip)
>>> No, really 'Gcc:'.  It puts a copy of your message straight into a
>>> group.  For example, this message has 'Gcc: nnimap+localhost:Sent'
>>> in the headers.  I can't remember how I got it set up; probably
>>> through customize (as it's not explicitly in my .gnus).
> (snip)
>> Customizations are in your .gnus.el unless you have specifically
>> altered that.
>
> $ grep outgoing .gnus.el
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnml:mail.outgoing")

I read a lot about a file called .gnus.el but I do not have it. Just a
plain .gnus file. Alterations are kept in .newsrc.elm I think. Don't
know, I'm a newbie. But no .gnus.el file, that's for sure.

I now have:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
        '((if (message-news-p)
              "misc-news"
            "misc-mail")))

in my .gnus file. The manual talks about this to be the favo way. So I
did. No idea why (if so..) 'nnml' would be less good. I could easely
change the "misc-news" into "nnmh:misc-news" but decided to follow the
advice from the gnus manual (or was ti the FAQ? Not sure about this.

Anyway, copies are kept. At this moment as nnfolder ones. But I have
learned how to change that in nnmh or even nnimap ones. I decided to
let gnus do the work and not give it back to my cyrus imap server.

Not quite sure however what exactly is the best way in the long run.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 02/07 ++