Re: emacs, Gnus, sendmail ?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: emacs, Gnus, sendmail ?
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:27:26 +0200

,----
| ;; Useful to set in site-init.el
| ;;;###autoload
| (defcustom send-mail-function
|   (if (and window-system (memq system-type '(darwin windows-nt)))
|       'mailclient-send-it
|     'sendmail-send-it)
`----

I.e. on Mac OS X and Windows, the default is to pass the mail to "the
system's mail client".  Otherwise it is the sendmail program.

>> But the 'return-path/from' fields are not configured.
>> And sendmail.cf is a 57K monster !

Even when using the traditional sendmail.(com|org) program, you don't
need to edit the sendmail.cf file directly.

> Configure -> play around -> configure -> play around -> configure ->
> testing (this used to be called playing around but now you've found a
> systematic way to do it)
>
> Or, the alternative:
>
> configure -> play around -> throw hands up -> configure -> lose
> mail -> configure -> throw hands way up -> lose more mail -> use Thunderbird.

Are you trying to say that you lost mail using Gnus?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)