Re: news AND nnimap with gnus

From: Dick Hoogendijk
Subject: Re: news AND nnimap with gnus
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 20:42:08 +0200

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:39:38 +0000 (UTC), Dick wrote:
>
>> HOW can I switch to my newsgroups on teh newsserver?
>
> I think you have misunderstood how this works. You don't switch between
> anything, you just subscribe to groups on different servers.
>
> You can see what groups each server offers in the *Server* buffer (by
> moving point to a server and pressing RET), and then use u to
> subscribe/unsubscribe from the various groups.

Yeah, I think I have it working now. Confusing was, that when I start
Gnus I only see my imap server (as being "select-method") while my
newsserver is called in "secondary-select-methods" and does NOT show
up on the *server* buffer. It does show up after I do a "A A" ; the
all is read from all servers and only then are all connections open.

Then it's possible to (un)subscribe to groups.

Is this normal behaviour? Only opening the secondary-selections after
a "A A"?

Having subscribed to different groups the servers where these groups
reside are openen at Gnus startup. So all's well now ;-)

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 10 11/06 ++