News read while unplugged becomes unread again when plugged

From: Mark T.B. Carroll
Subject: News read while unplugged becomes unread again when plugged
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:59:38 -0400

As I described in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=379665 nearly a year
ago, if I download messages into the agent while plugged, then I start
gnus unplugged and read the downloaded news articles, then start gnus
plugged to look for new messages, the articles I've already read while
unplugged seem to be unread again. (When I read a news article it
automatically becomes expirable.) (You can assume my .gnus.el is still
pretty much like that which I provided for
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=355071 )

Has anyone else seen this? Or know what I should do? As seems all too
common with Debian, nothing's happened at all through me reporting the
bug to them. Is mentioning it here enough? Should I bother upstream with
it? First I'd want to be more sure I'm not just doing something stupid.

-- Mark