Re: mail splitting doesn't work

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: mail splitting doesn't work
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 06:59:47 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> I customized nnmail split as indicated in info for gnu, but it doesn't
>> work, no splitting occurs either when I fetch new mail nor when I
>> respool the bogus mail group where all mails land eventually...
>
>> (custom-set-variables
>>  '(nnmail-split-fancy (quote (| (: nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent)
>> ("From:" ".*Cron Daemon.*" "mail.cron")
>> (To: ".*vms-list@voynich.net.*" "mail.voynich")
>> (From: ".*gentoo.*" "mail.gentoo")
>> (From: ".*zenith.*@zenit.org.*" "mail.zenith")
>> (To: ".*\\(lisp.it\\|slime.*@common-lisp.net\\).*" "mail.lisp")
>> (From: ".*\\(@freelance.com\\|@dice.com\\).*" "mail.jobs"))))
>
>> What should I do to have my emails split into the right groups?
>
> The first element of each split should be a string which is a
> header name not containing ":", or a symbol defined in
> `nnmail-split-abbrev-alist'.  In addition, all regexps are case
> insensitive.  So, you may want to replace "From:" and From: with
> "from" or just from, To: with "to" or to.

Thanks.  Actually, for some reason I have From: there instead of
"From:"...  Anyways, now I changed them to the symbol any, and I had
to create the directories for the splitting to work.

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.