Using one IMAP server with multiple Gnus / new mail indication

From: Florian Lorenzen
Subject: Using one IMAP server with multiple Gnus / new mail indication
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:57:09 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm using Gnus 5.10.8 to read my mail, which lives in an IMAP server
at university, both from my university computer as well as from my
laptop. Each time, I switch from one computer to the other and press
'g' in *Group*, a number of new messages is indicated in the group
list, which I already read with the other Gnus. When changeing into
the group, it is immediately recognized that there are no new
messages, so at this point everything is fine.

Is there a way to correctly update the *Group* buffer also? I wouldn't
care, if it took a little longer to scan the message flags or
something.

Thanks for any help, best regards,

Florian