[Gnus] {nntp:news} in server-buffer. Causing probs at startup

From: polemon
Subject: [Gnus] {nntp:news} in server-buffer. Causing probs at startup
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:42:07 +0100

Hi!

Whenever I start Gnus, I get the following error:
"nntp (news) open error: ''. Continue? (y or n)"

When I say 'y', Gnus loads without any further problems, and displays the groups I have signed up to.

When I switch to the Server-Buffer, I have the following entries:

{nnfolder:archive} (closed)
{nntp:hansenet.zedat.de} (opened)  <--- this is the server I'm using
{nndraft:} (opened)
{nntp:news} (denied)  <--- ???

The last line seems to be the cause of my problem, yet I can't seem to delete this line.
Nor, I can edit it.

please help

--polemon

--